- RSS Channel Showcase 2591622
- RSS Channel Showcase 4835601
- RSS Channel Showcase 5759018
- RSS Channel Showcase 7840737
Articles on this Page
- 04/21/18--05:24: _Brooks: Best honour...
- 04/28/18--05:00: _Brooks: Theatre Cal...
- 05/05/18--05:00: _Brooks: Turning Poi...
- 05/12/18--06:00: _Brooks: Super Gala ...
- 05/19/18--05:30: _Brooks: Up and Away...
- 05/19/18--05:30: _Brooks: 6th Annual ...
- 06/02/18--05:00: _Strathcona-Tweedsmu...
- 06/02/18--05:00: _Brooks: Royal weddi...
- 06/02/18--05:30: _Brooks: Calgary Ita...
- 06/07/18--07:00: _Calgary gardeners, ...
- 06/09/18--05:00: _Brooks: Champions o...
- 06/09/18--05:00: _Brooks: AARC Miracl...
- 06/16/18--05:00: _Brooks: Men's Healt...
- 06/16/18--05:00: _Brooks: The 52nd An...
- 06/20/18--15:00: _Queensland garden i...
- 06/23/18--05:30: _Brooks: JNF hosts N...
- 06/23/18--05:30: _Brooks: RESOLVE Cam...
- 06/30/18--05:00: _Brooks: Stampede fa...
- 06/30/18--08:55: _Brooks: Calgary Co-...
- 07/05/18--08:20: _Brooks: Perennial f...
- 04/21/18--05:24: Brooks: Best honoured at BILD Calgary Region Awards
- 04/28/18--05:00: Brooks: Theatre Calgary celebrates golden anniversary
- 05/12/18--06:00: Brooks: Super Gala raises funds for CF
- 05/19/18--05:30: Brooks: Up and Away Gala hits new heights
- 06/02/18--05:00: Brooks: Royal wedding celebrated in style
- 06/02/18--05:30: Brooks: Calgary Italian Sportmen's Dinner full-on fun for the guys
- 06/07/18--07:00: Calgary gardeners, Mother Nature is testing our mettle
- 06/16/18--05:00: Brooks: Men's Health Clinic first of its kind in Canada
- 06/16/18--05:00: Brooks: The 52nd Annual Sir Winston Churchill Memorial Banquet
- 06/20/18--15:00: Queensland garden inspired by summers at the cabin
- 06/23/18--05:30: Brooks: JNF hosts Negev Celebration
- 06/23/18--05:30: Brooks: RESOLVE Campaign a stunning success
- 06/30/18--05:00: Brooks: Stampede fashion show raises funds for newborns
- 06/30/18--08:55: Brooks: Calgary Co-op silver anniversary charity golf tournament
- 07/05/18--08:20: Brooks: Perennial favourites that work well in our zone
More than 1,200 guests donned their finest April 14 to attend what is known as the Academy Awards of the Calgary area residential construction industry. The BILD (Building Industry and Land Development) Calgary Region Awards — formerly known as the SAM (Sales and Marketing) Awards saluted the best with 58 awards in 11 categories. The […]
Keeping the doors open for 50 years is no small feat. Especially for a theatre company. Yet Theatre Calgary has done just that, much to the delight of audiences, artists and the greater community. Sure, it’s been challenging at times, but name an arts organization that has not faced difficulties. The merging of two of […]
The Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter’s 24th annual Turning Points Gala on April 26 was the most successful to date. The Take A Stand Against Family Violence and Abuse themed event was attended by 670 guests and raised an impressive $676,000. It celebrated the courageous individuals and families in our community striving to live free from […]
Super heroes was an apt theme for the Summit Foundation for Cystic Fibrosis 14th Annual Gala held April 27 at the Hyatt Regency Calgary. Brainchild of Nicki Perkins, founder of the foundation and gala chair, Perkins is a CF survivor of more than 45 years. “Having CF is like being born into a boat on […]
Economic challenges didn’t dampen the attendance, enthusiasm, or dollars raised at the 9th Annual Up & Away Gala held May 3 at BMO Centre, Stampede Park. The Unlocking Potential Foundation (UP) is the fundraising arm of Catholic Family Service (CFS). This invaluable organization has, for more than 60 years, offered affordable counselling to families who […]
The 6th annual Splash of Red Masquerade hosted by HIV Community Link on May 5 proved the perfect venue to raise awareness and provide funds to HIV Community Link’s prevention, education and support programs in Calgary and southeastern Alberta. At one time, an HIV diagnosis was considered a death sentence. In 1996, the life expectancy […]
Much as I am a royal fan, getting up at 4:30 in the morning on May 19 to watch the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was not going to happen. A more civilized, exclusive event — The Royal Wedding Watch Party starting at 9:30 at Royale on 17th Avenue — proved the perfect […]
Surely the best “guys night’ one can hope to attend is the annual Calgary Italian Sportmen’s Dinner, now in its 56th year. The dinner is not only a ton of fun, but philanthropic as well. Since inception, the event has raised more than $1.89 million for organizations as varied as the Calgary Italian Cultural Centre […]
The benefits of gardening should come as no surprise. It not only makes you feel good, it’s helpful to the environment, it can be economical if you grow your own veggies, it’s a great stress reliever and good exercise. One thing it is not — nor is it supposed to be — is stressful. And […]
“The number of people being diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease is expected to double by 2031,” said John Petryshen, Parkinson Association of Alberta CEO. “We are offering help right now and that is positive, but the people affected by Parkinson’s Disease today and the ones who will be affected in the years ahead need a better […]
Since 1992, the Alberta Adolescent Recovery Centre (AARC) has forever changed the lives of 602 youth and families. The invaluable services offered by AARC not only save lives, but help clients realize freedom and hope from the devastating spiral of adolescent addiction to alcohol and/or drugs. From darkness to light, many graduates describe the outcomes […]
It’s a guy thing. But unfortunately, it’s not a cool guy thing. The unvarnished truth is that we suck when it comes to taking care of our health. Men die, on average, seven years earlier than women. The suicide rate among men is four times that of women. We are more prone than women to […]
The Sir Winston Churchill Society of Calgary celebrates the life of the great wartime British prime minister and nurtures public speaking skills in students. Each year, the society sponsors high school debates centred around an issue Churchill was involved with during his life. The winners attend a black-tie dinner to receive their trophies, with the top […]
“My father’s love of nature inspired us to garden” says Jerry Cvach. And inspire it did as is evident from Jerry and his wife Judy’s amazing landscape in Queensland. Both Jerry and Judy were born in Brno, Moravia, the second-largest city in the Czech Republic. Cvach’s family would spend summers at the cabin, 60 kilometres […]
The Jewish National Fund (JNF) Calgary held its annual Negev event May 31 honouring the 70th anniversary of the establishment of the State of Israel. Punch Line entertainers from Tel Aviv headlined the celebratory event and their youthful energy ensured all in attendance had a memorable evening. Local singer Stephanie Feldman took to the stage […]
Only in Calgary could the RESOLVE campaign achieve such phenomenal success. In spite of economic headwinds facing our city for the past few years, the RESOLVE campaign raised $74 million which will provide 1,850 homeless and vulnerable Calgarians with a place to call home. RESOLVE was a first-of-its-kind collaboration of nine partner agencies, working together […]
More than 650 fashionably fabulous guests gathered at Holt Renfrew on June 13 to sip, sup, shop and take in an amazing fashion presentation featuring Holts Stampede style. The fifth annual Stampede Fashion Show presented by The CORE and Holt Renfrew supported Calgary Health Trust’s (CHT) Newborn Needs Campaign, an initiative to transform neonatal care […]
The annual Calgary Co-op Charity Golf Classic returned to Heritage Pointe Golf and Country Club on June 6 to celebrate its 25th anniversary. Since its inauguration in 1993, the event has raised more than $5 million for the Co-op Community Foundation which supports deserving charities and not-for-profit organizations in the Calgary area. With at least […]
Now that the long-awaited halcyon days of summer are upon us, it’s time to sit back, put your feet up and ease into relax mode in the garden, right? To a degree, yes. But now is the perfect time to review what has worked, what has not and why? The plant material that has disappointed […]