- RSS Channel Showcase 6943889
- RSS Channel Showcase 5285913
- RSS Channel Showcase 4143401
- RSS Channel Showcase 6015619
Articles on this Page
- 10/13/18--06:30: _Brooks: Banff Centr...
- 10/13/18--06:30: _Brooks: Fall speed ...
- 10/13/18--06:30: _Brooks: MRU Militar...
- 10/20/18--06:00: _Brooks: Holt Renfre...
- 10/20/18--06:00: _Zivot Limb Preserva...
- 10/20/18--06:00: _Brooks: Wood's Home...
- 10/27/18--06:30: _Brooks: Annual Wing...
- 10/27/18--06:30: _Brooks: Changemakin...
- 10/27/18--06:30: _Brooks: Shelley You...
- 11/03/18--05:00: _Brooks: Animal gala...
- 11/03/18--05:00: _Brooks: Chinook Fun...
- 11/03/18--05:00: _Brooks: Alberta Bus...
- 11/10/18--06:00: _Brooks: Lit Gala sh...
- 11/13/18--16:39: _Brooks: PARKLUXE 20...
- 11/17/18--06:15: _Brooks: Gala-ry of ...
- 11/24/18--06:30: _Brooks: Stampede Fo...
- 11/24/18--06:30: _Brooks: Willow Park...
- 12/01/18--06:00: _Brooks: J. Vair And...
- 12/01/18--06:00: _Brooks: Cowboys' se...
- 12/01/18--06:45: _Brooks: UNICEF Wate...
- 10/13/18--06:30: Brooks: Banff Centre and National Music Centre combine forces
- 10/13/18--06:30: Brooks: Fall speed ahead at our beloved Glenbow
- 10/13/18--06:30: Brooks: MRU Military Memorial Bursaries honour our fallen soldiers
- 10/20/18--06:00: Brooks: Holt Renfrew helps dress for success
- 10/20/18--06:00: Zivot Limb Preservation Centre named after generous donor
- 10/20/18--06:00: Brooks: Wood's Homes Never Give Up Gala
- 10/27/18--06:30: Brooks: Changemaking takes flight at MRU
- 10/27/18--06:30: Brooks: Shelley Youngblut 2018 Rozsa Award recipient
- 11/03/18--05:00: Brooks: Animal gala supports furry friends
- 11/03/18--05:00: Brooks: Chinook Fund Dinner sets a record
- 11/03/18--05:00: Brooks: Alberta Business Hall of Fame welcomes new inductees
- 11/10/18--06:00: Brooks: Lit Gala showcases new Central Library
- 11/13/18--16:39: Brooks: PARKLUXE 2018 celebrates 10-year strut on the catwalk
- 11/17/18--06:15: Brooks: Gala-ry of Hope supports Pacekids Programs
- 11/24/18--06:30: Brooks: Stampede Foundation salutes our youth
- 11/24/18--06:30: Brooks: Willow Park Wines & Spirits' Diamond Ball sparkles bright
- 12/01/18--06:00: Brooks: J. Vair Anderson hosts Christmas revival
- 12/01/18--06:00: Brooks: Cowboys' second annual Blue Ball a laughing matter
- 12/01/18--06:45: Brooks: UNICEF Water for Life Gala raises more than $1 million
Collaboration was the way to go Sept. 23 as the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity joined forces with National Music Centre to present An Evening with Measha Brueggergosman. The world renowned soprano had performed at some of the world’s most prestigious venues — from Carnegie Hall to the Sydney Opera House. The Grammy- and […]
Fall 2018 promises to be out of this world at Glenbow. The exhibition lineup includes: Cosmos: Gathie Falk, Margaret Nazon and Erik Olson; The Arctic: Real and Imagined Views from the Nineteenth Century; and One New Work Tamara Lee-Anne Cardinal: Feet on the Ground. Cosmos, curated by Mary-Beth Laviolette features works of art that explore […]
Since its founding in 1910, hundreds of Mount Royal students, faculty, staff and alumni have served in uniform. Since the First World War, 29 have given the ultimate sacrifice. In keeping with the tradition of forging lifelong connections, Mount Royal University created memorial bursaries in the name of each of the fallen soldiers. The bursaries […]
Dress for Success Calgary’s annual charity event at Holt Renfrew welcomed over 400 guests Sept. 26 who shopped heartily, all the while supporting the invaluable charity by raising more than $50,000. Dress for Success’s mission is to help women achieve economic independence through a network of support, professional attire and the development tools needed to thrive […]
Cal 1020 Dress success 2.JPGbbrooks1
Physicians, Calgary Health Trust brass and members of the Zivot family gathered Sept. 26 at Peter Lougheed Centre for the naming of the Zivot Limb Preservation Centre in honour of the donor, Dr. Mark Zivot. The centre will continue to provide care to patients through podiatric surgeons along with a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to reducing […]
The 21st anniversary of Wood’s Homes’ Never Give Up Gala, held Sept. 29 at Hyatt Regency Calgary, was a success, raising more than $200,000. The funds will support mental health treatment services Wood’s Homes provides to more than 20,000 children, teens and families every year. Further, funding will be directed to programming at Wood’s Homes’ […]
Imagine being told you have breast cancer. Could it get any worse? Unfortunately, for many women — and some men, yes it can. What if you are not gainfully employed and do not have health-care benefits? What if your nest egg barely covers one month’s rent? How will you get by? Thankfully, the Wings of […]
The Trico Changemakers Studio, located on the third floor of the Bissett School of Business at Mount Royal University, brings together community organizations, social ventures and students to collaborate to address social or environmental challenges. The Studio held an official launch on Sept. 27 with studio members, the university community and government representatives in attendance. […]
Created in 2003 to honour the philanthropic efforts of Ted and Lola Rozsa, the Rozsa Award for Excellence in Arts Management is unique in Canada, celebrating outstanding arts managers and providing additional professional development benefits to the recipient and his or her organization. Since inception 15 years ago, the foundation has distributed more than $1 […]
The Calgary Humane Society’s annual Cocktails for Critters is a fun and philanthropic way to support our furry and feathered friends. Now in its 18th year, the annual ‘pet fashion show’ has raised considerable funds for the society that helps care for the more than 4,683 animals it receives each year. This year’s event, held […]
With nearly half a million dollars, The Chinook Fund is well positioned to continue its invaluable support of charitable organizations providing services, programming, education, and support for the LGBTQ community. The Calgary Chinook Lesbian and Gay Fund is an endowment established to provide ongoing, long-term funding. Each year, the fund accrues income and a portion of […]
More than 800 business and community leaders gathered at the Hyatt Regency Calgary Oct. 25 to honour four legendary business entrepreneurs as they were officially inducted into the Alberta Business Hall of Fame-Southern Alberta. The JA Southern Alberta initiative also presented the JA Alumni of Influence Award at the annual dinner which celebrates entrepreneurship and […]
Ahead of schedule and under budget are words that — unfortunately — are rarely heard. Nor are words the likes of spectacular, incredible, visionary. Our new 240,000-sq.-ft. Central Library is all of these. And more. The new Central Library is the only Canadian building on Architectural Digest’s 2018 Most Anticipated Buildings in the World. The […]
1More than 1,000 fashionably fabulous guests gathered at Brookfield Place Sept. 29 to take in PARKLUXE 2018 — the fashion show by which all others are measured. PARK-Promoting Artists/Redefining Kulture, is a socially conscious organization that aspires to create opportunities for developing fashion designers and artists to share their work and sustain a profitable business. […]
More than 140 community minded souls gathered in the Hemmingway Room, The Commons on Oct. 19 to support the third annual Gala-ry of Hope. An evening full of gourmet tastings, fine wine and premium whisky proved the perfect backdrop for the launch of Pacekids Programs Fund-a-Child Campaign. Guests had the chance to indulge in tastings […]
If you thought, as did I, that the Calgary Stampede’s youth programs consist solely of the Young Canadians School of Performing Arts, you would be mistaken. Through the Calgary Stampede Foundation’s Youth Achievement Programs, groups as varied as the Calgary Stampede Showband, Stampede School and 4-H on Parade are supported. Further, scholarships from the International […]
For lovers of wondrous wines, fabulous food, divine decor, star-studded entertainment and awesome auction items, the annual Willow Park Wines & Spirits’ Charity Wine Auction is just the ticket. And this year’s, the 25th annual Diamond Ball event was a stunning evening not soon to be forgotten. Readers may recall that over the years, the […]
Since 1925, lovers of beautiful bling have shopped at J. Vair Anderson Jewellers. The iconic jeweller has recently undergone a change in ownership as Ken Anderson, great grandson of founder J. Vair, decided to retire and sold the business to the fabulous Annette Toro. A select group of guests gathered at the store Nov. 16 […]
Laughter, it is often said, is the best medicine. And we could sure use a good laugh in our beloved city these days. And who better to provide the much needed tonic than the super folks at Cowboys who presented the second annual Cowboys Blue Ball in support of the Prostate Cancer Centre and Women […]
It is the most precious resource on the planet. Without it, there can be no life. That more than 663 million people do not have access to clean and safe water worldwide is beyond shocking. Thank goodness then for UNICEF and its life-saving work around the globe. On Nov. 3, Calgary celebrated the 26th Annual […]