- RSS Channel Showcase 3236032
- RSS Channel Showcase 6097764
- RSS Channel Showcase 6533840
- RSS Channel Showcase 1734914
Articles on this Page
- 10/20/18--06:00: _Brooks: Wood's Home...
- 10/27/18--06:30: _Brooks: Annual Wing...
- 10/27/18--06:30: _Brooks: Changemakin...
- 10/27/18--06:30: _Brooks: Shelley You...
- 11/03/18--05:00: _Brooks: Animal gala...
- 11/03/18--05:00: _Brooks: Chinook Fun...
- 11/03/18--05:00: _Brooks: Alberta Bus...
- 11/10/18--06:00: _Brooks: Lit Gala sh...
- 11/13/18--16:39: _Brooks: PARKLUXE 20...
- 11/17/18--06:15: _Brooks: Gala-ry of ...
- 10/20/18--06:00: Brooks: Wood's Homes Never Give Up Gala
- 10/27/18--06:30: Brooks: Changemaking takes flight at MRU
- 10/27/18--06:30: Brooks: Shelley Youngblut 2018 Rozsa Award recipient
- 11/03/18--05:00: Brooks: Animal gala supports furry friends
- 11/03/18--05:00: Brooks: Chinook Fund Dinner sets a record
- 11/03/18--05:00: Brooks: Alberta Business Hall of Fame welcomes new inductees
- 11/10/18--06:00: Brooks: Lit Gala showcases new Central Library
- 11/13/18--16:39: Brooks: PARKLUXE 2018 celebrates 10-year strut on the catwalk
- 11/17/18--06:15: Brooks: Gala-ry of Hope supports Pacekids Programs
The 21st anniversary of Wood’s Homes’ Never Give Up Gala, held Sept. 29 at Hyatt Regency Calgary, was a success, raising more than $200,000. The funds will support mental health treatment services Wood’s Homes provides to more than 20,000 children, teens and families every year. Further, funding will be directed to programming at Wood’s Homes’ […]
Imagine being told you have breast cancer. Could it get any worse? Unfortunately, for many women — and some men, yes it can. What if you are not gainfully employed and do not have health-care benefits? What if your nest egg barely covers one month’s rent? How will you get by? Thankfully, the Wings of […]
The Trico Changemakers Studio, located on the third floor of the Bissett School of Business at Mount Royal University, brings together community organizations, social ventures and students to collaborate to address social or environmental challenges. The Studio held an official launch on Sept. 27 with studio members, the university community and government representatives in attendance. […]
Created in 2003 to honour the philanthropic efforts of Ted and Lola Rozsa, the Rozsa Award for Excellence in Arts Management is unique in Canada, celebrating outstanding arts managers and providing additional professional development benefits to the recipient and his or her organization. Since inception 15 years ago, the foundation has distributed more than $1 […]
The Calgary Humane Society’s annual Cocktails for Critters is a fun and philanthropic way to support our furry and feathered friends. Now in its 18th year, the annual ‘pet fashion show’ has raised considerable funds for the society that helps care for the more than 4,683 animals it receives each year. This year’s event, held […]
With nearly half a million dollars, The Chinook Fund is well positioned to continue its invaluable support of charitable organizations providing services, programming, education, and support for the LGBTQ community. The Calgary Chinook Lesbian and Gay Fund is an endowment established to provide ongoing, long-term funding. Each year, the fund accrues income and a portion of […]
More than 800 business and community leaders gathered at the Hyatt Regency Calgary Oct. 25 to honour four legendary business entrepreneurs as they were officially inducted into the Alberta Business Hall of Fame-Southern Alberta. The JA Southern Alberta initiative also presented the JA Alumni of Influence Award at the annual dinner which celebrates entrepreneurship and […]
Ahead of schedule and under budget are words that — unfortunately — are rarely heard. Nor are words the likes of spectacular, incredible, visionary. Our new 240,000-sq.-ft. Central Library is all of these. And more. The new Central Library is the only Canadian building on Architectural Digest’s 2018 Most Anticipated Buildings in the World. The […]
1More than 1,000 fashionably fabulous guests gathered at Brookfield Place Sept. 29 to take in PARKLUXE 2018 — the fashion show by which all others are measured. PARK-Promoting Artists/Redefining Kulture, is a socially conscious organization that aspires to create opportunities for developing fashion designers and artists to share their work and sustain a profitable business. […]
More than 140 community minded souls gathered in the Hemmingway Room, The Commons on Oct. 19 to support the third annual Gala-ry of Hope. An evening full of gourmet tastings, fine wine and premium whisky proved the perfect backdrop for the launch of Pacekids Programs Fund-a-Child Campaign. Guests had the chance to indulge in tastings […]