- RSS Channel Showcase 6832729
- RSS Channel Showcase 6764167
- RSS Channel Showcase 9671277
- RSS Channel Showcase 7378850
Articles on this Page
- 02/10/18--05:00: _Brooks: Dancing Wit...
- 02/17/18--05:30: _Brooks: 27th annual...
- 02/17/18--06:09: _Brooks: Men's Healt...
- 02/24/18--05:30: _Tourism Calgary Ope...
- 02/24/18--05:31: _Sien Lok Society ce...
- 03/03/18--05:04: _Brooks: Saks Fifth ...
- 03/03/18--05:07: _Brooks: Calgary Ope...
- 03/10/18--05:00: _Hong Kong-Canada Bu...
- 03/10/18--05:00: _Reliving the '88 Ol...
- 03/17/18--05:07: _Brooks: The Calgary...
- 02/10/18--05:00: Brooks: Dancing With the Calgary Stars
- 02/17/18--06:09: Brooks: Men's Health big winner at Gloves-On Gala
- 02/24/18--05:30: Tourism Calgary Open House kicks off promising year
- 02/24/18--05:31: Sien Lok Society celebrates Chinese New Year
- 03/03/18--05:04: Brooks: Saks Fifth Avenue makes its Calgary debut
- 03/03/18--05:07: Brooks: Calgary Opera Valentine's Ball hits all the right notes
- 03/10/18--05:00: Hong Kong-Canada Business Association celebrates Chinese New Year
- 03/10/18--05:00: Reliving the '88 Olympic memories
- 03/17/18--05:07: Brooks: The Calgary Highlanders 69th Military Ball a grand affair
Admit it. You, too, have taken great delight watching the television phenom Dancing With the Stars. Calgary Dance Foundation president Dawn Litzenberger felt that we could have our own Dancing With the Stars, but with a philanthropic focus. Proceeds would support young Calgary dancers vying for a place on the podium at the annual Canadian […]
Fundraising for Calgary’s Prostate Cancer Centre has come full circle. How so? It was 20 years ago that Mark Wilson, who was then working at the Westin and is now Hotel Arts Group general manager and vice-president, approached yours truly to host a winemakers dinner with proceeds going to the charity of my choice. Given […]
Did you know that Calgary is the sunniest major city in Canada? Or that the iconic Bloody Caesar was invented here? Now sunshine and caesars are probably not the top reasons tourists choose our fair city as a destination. There are dozens of other reasons visitors come here. And come here they do. By the […]
“Happiness through good works” is an apt motto for the Sien Lok Society of Calgary. Established in 1968 in response to a real threat to the continued existence of Calgary’s Chinatown, Sien Lok successfully helped preserve the historic district. The society has more than 5,000 volunteers, has hosted 109 events since 2005 and has granted […]
Let’s take a trip down memory lane, shall we? Said trip will have more resonance for those of us of a “certain age.” I was but a wee child, but I do remember the opening of Chinook Centre on the site of the then Chinook Drive-In Theatre and the adjacent Skyline Drive-In and driving range. […]
The perfect way to celebrate an early Valentine’s was by attending Calgary Opera’s Opera is Forever Valentine Ball Feb. 10 at the Fairmont Palliser. The 1920s, Art Deco-themed event was a feast for the senses featuring fabulous fare, awesome auction items and perfect performances from students enrolled in the Opera’s prestigious Emerging Artist Development program. […]
Celebration was the order of the evening as Calgary’s Chinese community gathered with friends and colleagues at the Regency Palace Restaurant to welcome the Year of the Dog. Hosted by the Hong Kong-Canada Business Association (HKCBA), Calgary Section, the gala is the highlight of the year for the association. Founded in 1984, the HKCBA is […]
It’s hard to believe that it has been 30 years since we hosted the Olympics. And if the gods deem it so, we will play host to the world again in 2026. For those lucky enough to be in our fair city in 1988, you will no doubt remember with great fondness the experience from […]
The Calgary Highlanders 69th Grand Highland Military Ball held Mar. 3 at the Hyatt Regency was grand indeed. This year was the largest in the ball’s history, welcoming 520 guests in celebration of Calgary’s Canadian Army Reserve Infantry Regiment, the Calgary Highlanders. The Calgary Highlanders have served since 1910, sending soldiers overseas during both world […]