- RSS Channel Showcase 1994599
- RSS Channel Showcase 1250769
- RSS Channel Showcase 4817278
- RSS Channel Showcase 3714977
Articles on this Page
- 09/22/18--05:00: _Brooks: Women for M...
- 09/22/18--05:00: _Brooks: Inclement w...
- 10/06/18--05:00: _Brooks: Golden Seed...
- 10/06/18--05:00: _Brooks: Lady Grey T...
- 10/13/18--06:30: _Brooks: Banff Centr...
- 10/13/18--06:30: _Brooks: Fall speed ...
- 10/13/18--06:30: _Brooks: MRU Militar...
- 10/20/18--06:00: _Brooks: Holt Renfre...
- 10/20/18--06:00: _Zivot Limb Preserva...
- 10/20/18--06:00: _Brooks: Wood's Home...
- 09/22/18--05:00: Brooks: Women for Men's Health Gala launch at Hotel Arts
- 09/22/18--05:00: Brooks: Inclement weather no match for Hull
- 10/06/18--05:00: Brooks: Golden Seed reception supports Mustard Seed Gala
- 10/06/18--05:00: Brooks: Lady Grey Tea at Lougheed House re-visits gentile era
- 10/13/18--06:30: Brooks: Banff Centre and National Music Centre combine forces
- 10/13/18--06:30: Brooks: Fall speed ahead at our beloved Glenbow
- 10/13/18--06:30: Brooks: MRU Military Memorial Bursaries honour our fallen soldiers
- 10/20/18--06:00: Brooks: Holt Renfrew helps dress for success
- 10/20/18--06:00: Zivot Limb Preservation Centre named after generous donor
- 10/20/18--06:00: Brooks: Wood's Homes Never Give Up Gala
Listen up Mother Nature. I’ve got a bone to pick with you. Not only did you create the postponement of the Hull in One golf tournament, but you made organizers of the Women for Men’s Health pool party at Hotel Arts somewhat stressed. But the terrific team at Hotel Arts can turn on a dime […]
Mother Nature’s early gift of winter caused the postponement of the 9th annual Hull in One Golf Classic originally scheduled for Sept. 13 at Heritage Pointe Golf Club. Nonetheless, thanks to the inaugural pre-tournament reception Sept. 7 on the grounds of Centron Group’s Bob and Maria Harris’s home, $360,000 (net) was raised for Hull Services. […]
The Mustard Seed’s annual gala would not be the enormous success it is — and has been — were it not for a select group of like-minded individuals who support it through their Golden Seed initiative. Golden Seed supporters purchase gala tables for $12,000. In exchange for such generous support, Golden Seed members receive a […]
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could revisit a time when things were more gentile and refined? A select group of ladies did just that recently as they gathered Sept. 13 at Lougheed House to support The Lady Grey Tea fundraiser. The luncheon showcased women’s significant contributions to the early development of Calgary. Funds raised […]
Collaboration was the way to go Sept. 23 as the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity joined forces with National Music Centre to present An Evening with Measha Brueggergosman. The world renowned soprano had performed at some of the world’s most prestigious venues — from Carnegie Hall to the Sydney Opera House. The Grammy- and […]
Fall 2018 promises to be out of this world at Glenbow. The exhibition lineup includes: Cosmos: Gathie Falk, Margaret Nazon and Erik Olson; The Arctic: Real and Imagined Views from the Nineteenth Century; and One New Work Tamara Lee-Anne Cardinal: Feet on the Ground. Cosmos, curated by Mary-Beth Laviolette features works of art that explore […]
Since its founding in 1910, hundreds of Mount Royal students, faculty, staff and alumni have served in uniform. Since the First World War, 29 have given the ultimate sacrifice. In keeping with the tradition of forging lifelong connections, Mount Royal University created memorial bursaries in the name of each of the fallen soldiers. The bursaries […]
Dress for Success Calgary’s annual charity event at Holt Renfrew welcomed over 400 guests Sept. 26 who shopped heartily, all the while supporting the invaluable charity by raising more than $50,000. Dress for Success’s mission is to help women achieve economic independence through a network of support, professional attire and the development tools needed to thrive […]
Cal 1020 Dress success 2.JPGbbrooks1
Physicians, Calgary Health Trust brass and members of the Zivot family gathered Sept. 26 at Peter Lougheed Centre for the naming of the Zivot Limb Preservation Centre in honour of the donor, Dr. Mark Zivot. The centre will continue to provide care to patients through podiatric surgeons along with a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to reducing […]
The 21st anniversary of Wood’s Homes’ Never Give Up Gala, held Sept. 29 at Hyatt Regency Calgary, was a success, raising more than $200,000. The funds will support mental health treatment services Wood’s Homes provides to more than 20,000 children, teens and families every year. Further, funding will be directed to programming at Wood’s Homes’ […]