Articles on this Page
- 12/08/18--06:00: _Brooks: 2018 Genero...
- 12/15/18--05:00: _Brooks: Splash of R...
- 12/15/18--05:00: _Brooks: Taste of Ho...
- 12/15/18--05:00: _Brooks: Sobeys' Ren...
- 12/15/18--07:33: _Brooks: President C...
- 12/22/18--05:00: _Brooks: Santa makes...
- 12/22/18--05:00: _Brooks: A Christmas...
- 12/22/18--05:00: _Brooks: Candy Cane ...
- 12/29/18--05:09: _Brooks: A look back...
- 01/05/19--05:00: _Brooks: New Year st...
- 12/08/18--06:00: Brooks: 2018 Generosity of Spirit Award honourees
- 12/15/18--05:00: Brooks: Splash of Red Gala supports Boys & Girls Clubs of Calgary
- 12/15/18--05:00: Brooks: Taste of Home Gala simply sumptuous
- 12/15/18--05:00: Brooks: Sobeys' Renee Hopfner saluted at AFP awards reception
- 12/15/18--07:33: Brooks: President Cannon's farewell to the community
- 12/22/18--05:00: Brooks: Candy Cane Gala sparkles with pixie dust
- 12/29/18--05:09: Brooks: A look back at the most memorable events
- 01/05/19--05:00: Brooks: New Year starts with charitable focus
There was a time our beloved city was — on a per-capita basis, the most philanthropic metropolis in North America. It may well be years before we can boast such largesse — if ever again. However, we can still be fiercely proud of the fact Calgarians are a generous lot. Sure, the economic downturn has […]
Boys & Girls Clubs of Calgary (BGCC) provides invaluable services to our community. Last year, the clubs served over 18,500 children, youth, and families in our city, and offered over 5,400 bed nights through their youth homeless shelter. Beyond youth homelessness, BGCC’s work also combats many other important community issues such as child sexual exploitation, […]
The Third Annual Taste of Home – A Night Among the Stars held recently at the Westin in support of Ronald McDonald House Charities was a gastronomic delight for the more than 500 guests. The event raised an impressive $250,000 for Ronald McDonald House. Located across the street from Alberta Children’s Hospital, the house offers […]
A select group gathered in the Cenovus Odd Fellows Building on Nov. 29 to attend the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Calgary Chapter hosted awards reception and winter social. Congratulations to 2018 honourees: Joelle Mar, director of resource development at Inn From the Cold, on being named Outstanding New Fundraising Professional; Vincent Duckworth, partner and […]
For the past eight years, U of C president and vice-chancellor Elizabeth Cannon has tirelessly worked to transform the U of C into one of the top universities in the country. In 2017, the U of C was named one of the Top 200 universities worldwide. From her collaborative creation of the Eyes High campaign […]
The annual Children’s Hospital Aid Society (CHAS) Holiday Luncheon is the perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit. And this year’s luncheon, held in the BMO Centre Dec. 3, had added cache in that none other than Santa himself popped by to extend greetings. Readers may recall that CHAS is one of the oldest […]
More than 400 children from six Catholic schools were treated to a free performance of Theatre Calgary’s iconic A Christmas Carol on Dec 1. The magical Dickens’ tale reminds us all about the importance of charity and compassion. And this year, the 20th anniversary of the partnership between Theatre Calgary, Project Warmth Society of Alberta, […]
The BMO Centre took on a decidedly London vibe Dec 7 much to the delight of the more than 1550 guests who donned their festive finest to attend the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation’s (ACHF) 2018 Candy Cane Gala. The Peter Pan inspired gala celebrated the innocence of childhood – and the role our community plays […]
Amidst all the doom and gloom enveloping our fair city, Calgarians still find the time — and treasure — to attend and support myriad events. We might be down, but we’re certainly not out is a theme heard at many a function. Sure, there were less events this past year, and those that did occur […]
Partying for a purpose took on additional gravitas Dec. 31 as hundreds of guests gathered at Hotel Arts for the second annual New Year’s Eve Celebration presented by the Calgary Firefighters Charitable Foundation in support of the Calgary Herald Christmas Fund. Proceeds from the fun and fabulous event will be evenly distributed between the 12 […]