- RSS Channel Showcase 3952872
- RSS Channel Showcase 7137669
- RSS Channel Showcase 4588742
- RSS Channel Showcase 9211841
Articles on this Page
- 06/02/18--05:00: _Brooks: Royal weddi...
- 06/02/18--05:30: _Brooks: Calgary Ita...
- 06/07/18--07:00: _Calgary gardeners, ...
- 06/09/18--05:00: _Brooks: Champions o...
- 06/09/18--05:00: _Brooks: AARC Miracl...
- 06/16/18--05:00: _Brooks: Men's Healt...
- 06/16/18--05:00: _Brooks: The 52nd An...
- 06/20/18--15:00: _Queensland garden i...
- 06/23/18--05:30: _Brooks: JNF hosts N...
- 06/23/18--05:30: _Brooks: RESOLVE Cam...
- 06/02/18--05:00: Brooks: Royal wedding celebrated in style
- 06/02/18--05:30: Brooks: Calgary Italian Sportmen's Dinner full-on fun for the guys
- 06/07/18--07:00: Calgary gardeners, Mother Nature is testing our mettle
- 06/16/18--05:00: Brooks: Men's Health Clinic first of its kind in Canada
- 06/16/18--05:00: Brooks: The 52nd Annual Sir Winston Churchill Memorial Banquet
- 06/20/18--15:00: Queensland garden inspired by summers at the cabin
- 06/23/18--05:30: Brooks: JNF hosts Negev Celebration
- 06/23/18--05:30: Brooks: RESOLVE Campaign a stunning success
Much as I am a royal fan, getting up at 4:30 in the morning on May 19 to watch the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was not going to happen. A more civilized, exclusive event — The Royal Wedding Watch Party starting at 9:30 at Royale on 17th Avenue — proved the perfect […]
Surely the best “guys night’ one can hope to attend is the annual Calgary Italian Sportmen’s Dinner, now in its 56th year. The dinner is not only a ton of fun, but philanthropic as well. Since inception, the event has raised more than $1.89 million for organizations as varied as the Calgary Italian Cultural Centre […]
The benefits of gardening should come as no surprise. It not only makes you feel good, it’s helpful to the environment, it can be economical if you grow your own veggies, it’s a great stress reliever and good exercise. One thing it is not — nor is it supposed to be — is stressful. And […]
“The number of people being diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease is expected to double by 2031,” said John Petryshen, Parkinson Association of Alberta CEO. “We are offering help right now and that is positive, but the people affected by Parkinson’s Disease today and the ones who will be affected in the years ahead need a better […]
Since 1992, the Alberta Adolescent Recovery Centre (AARC) has forever changed the lives of 602 youth and families. The invaluable services offered by AARC not only save lives, but help clients realize freedom and hope from the devastating spiral of adolescent addiction to alcohol and/or drugs. From darkness to light, many graduates describe the outcomes […]
It’s a guy thing. But unfortunately, it’s not a cool guy thing. The unvarnished truth is that we suck when it comes to taking care of our health. Men die, on average, seven years earlier than women. The suicide rate among men is four times that of women. We are more prone than women to […]
The Sir Winston Churchill Society of Calgary celebrates the life of the great wartime British prime minister and nurtures public speaking skills in students. Each year, the society sponsors high school debates centred around an issue Churchill was involved with during his life. The winners attend a black-tie dinner to receive their trophies, with the top […]
“My father’s love of nature inspired us to garden” says Jerry Cvach. And inspire it did as is evident from Jerry and his wife Judy’s amazing landscape in Queensland. Both Jerry and Judy were born in Brno, Moravia, the second-largest city in the Czech Republic. Cvach’s family would spend summers at the cabin, 60 kilometres […]
The Jewish National Fund (JNF) Calgary held its annual Negev event May 31 honouring the 70th anniversary of the establishment of the State of Israel. Punch Line entertainers from Tel Aviv headlined the celebratory event and their youthful energy ensured all in attendance had a memorable evening. Local singer Stephanie Feldman took to the stage […]
Only in Calgary could the RESOLVE campaign achieve such phenomenal success. In spite of economic headwinds facing our city for the past few years, the RESOLVE campaign raised $74 million which will provide 1,850 homeless and vulnerable Calgarians with a place to call home. RESOLVE was a first-of-its-kind collaboration of nine partner agencies, working together […]