- RSS Channel Showcase 6264607
- RSS Channel Showcase 2979440
- RSS Channel Showcase 9589754
- RSS Channel Showcase 8938052
Articles on this Page
- 12/16/17--05:59: _Brooks: Here's to t...
- 12/16/17--06:00: _Blue Ball raises fu...
- 12/23/17--07:13: _Westman Village set...
- 12/23/17--07:16: _Candy Cane Gala she...
- 12/30/17--06:08: _Brooks: A look back...
- 01/06/18--05:06: _Brooks: New Year's ...
- 02/10/18--05:00: _Brooks: Owen Hart F...
- 02/10/18--05:00: _Brooks: Dancing Wit...
- 02/17/18--05:30: _Brooks: 27th annual...
- 02/17/18--06:09: _Brooks: Men's Healt...
- 12/16/17--05:59: Brooks: Here's to the ladies who lunch
- 12/23/17--07:13: Westman Village set to transform residential living
- 12/23/17--07:16: Candy Cane Gala sheer delight for the kids
- 12/30/17--06:08: Brooks: A look back at some of the best fetes
- 01/06/18--05:06: Brooks: New Year's Eve Charity Gala the perfect way to ring in 2018
- 02/10/18--05:00: Brooks: Owen Hart Foundation's Intimate Evening with Sarah McLachlan
- 02/10/18--05:00: Brooks: Dancing With the Calgary Stars
- 02/17/18--06:09: Brooks: Men's Health big winner at Gloves-On Gala
Readers will recall I have often opined if you want a fundraiser to be a success, best ensure the ladies are behind it. One need look no further for proof of this than the fantastic ladies who are team CHAS (Children’s Hospital Aid Society). This volunteer-based organization has been fundraising on behalf of the children […]
Laughter, it is said, is the best medicine. And what better way to raise funds — and awareness — for a disease that will affect one in seven Alberta men than to take the conversation from dire to droll. Sure, prostate cancer is nothing to laugh about. But end of the day, there is nothing […]
How and where consumers choose to live is about to undergo a dramatic shift. Westman Village, the new 5.5-hectare, multi-faceted development within Mahogany will offer discerning consumers anything and everything they could hope for. Whether a condominium, an estate home seniors living and retirement or leasing, there is something for everyone here. And the heart of […]
Imagine you’re in a room filled with hundreds and hundreds of children, all of whom are gleefully on sensory overload. If such an image inspires you to reach for the gin, then you were not one of the more than 1,500 guests in attendance at the Candy Cane Gala — Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation’s (ACHF) […]
As your faithful social scribe pours through the hundreds of pictures taken at myriad events this past year, it reinforces two things: one, we live in the most generous of cities; and two, I have the best job there is. Sure, there are times that a night at home in front of the fire, rather […]
2017 was, for many, a year that will not be remembered with particular fondness. And yet, if you were one of the lucky ones to attend the inaugural Calgary Firefighters New Year’s Eve Gala at the Hyatt Regency, you will no doubt have wonderful memories of an evening that was the perfect way to close […]
An Intimate Evening with Sarah McLachlan was the perfect way to spend a chilly winter’s eve at the Jube — all the while raising funds for the Owen Hart Foundation. The Grammy and Juno Award-winning Canadian icon headlined the 18th annual foundation fundraiser — much to the delight of the hundreds of guests in attendance. […]
Admit it. You, too, have taken great delight watching the television phenom Dancing With the Stars. Calgary Dance Foundation president Dawn Litzenberger felt that we could have our own Dancing With the Stars, but with a philanthropic focus. Proceeds would support young Calgary dancers vying for a place on the podium at the annual Canadian […]
Fundraising for Calgary’s Prostate Cancer Centre has come full circle. How so? It was 20 years ago that Mark Wilson, who was then working at the Westin and is now Hotel Arts Group general manager and vice-president, approached yours truly to host a winemakers dinner with proceeds going to the charity of my choice. Given […]