- RSS Channel Showcase 5063995
- RSS Channel Showcase 4618422
- RSS Channel Showcase 3395819
- RSS Channel Showcase 5755414
Articles on this Page
- 10/27/17--02:33: _Henry Singer steps ...
- 10/27/17--02:33: _Brooks: Wood's Home...
- 11/04/17--05:00: _Brooks: Homelessnes...
- 11/04/17--05:00: _Brooks: Entrepreneu...
- 11/18/17--05:52: _Brooks: Guests go w...
- 11/25/17--06:00: _YWHISPER Gala speak...
- 12/02/17--05:46: _Celebrating 21 year...
- 12/02/17--06:38: _Seasonal celebratio...
- 12/09/17--06:00: _Radio hosts retire ...
- 12/09/17--06:00: _GMP FirstEnergy hos...
- 10/27/17--02:33: Henry Singer steps it up to Eighth Avenue Place
- 10/27/17--02:33: Brooks: Wood's Homes never gives up
- 11/04/17--05:00: Brooks: Homelessness unmasked at Seeds of Hope Gala
- 11/04/17--05:00: Brooks: Entrepreneurs inducted into Calgary Business Hall of Fame
- 11/18/17--05:52: Brooks: Guests go wild at charity wine auction
- 11/25/17--06:00: YWHISPER Gala speaks volumes about violence and poverty
- 12/02/17--05:46: Celebrating 21 years of philanthropy in Calgary
- 12/02/17--06:38: Seasonal celebrations highlight the spirit of Christmas
Retail and restaurants are perhaps two of the more challenging fields to be in these days. But don’t tell that to the Henry Singer Fashion Group — an iconic Alberta menswear retailer that has served the well-dressed gentleman for 79 years. Henry Singer is so confident in its ability and product that it elevated the […]
Tragedy, at times, can be turned into triumph. The Wood’s Homes’ story is a shining example of same. Wood’s Christian Home was founded in the Innisfail/Olds area by Reverend George Wood, a Scottish Presbyterian minister who moved to Canada with his wife Elizabeth in 1907. They settled in Saskatchewan. In 1914, tragedy struck when his […]
Shocking as it may seem, homelessness exists in Calgary on a surprisingly large scale. But thanks to the success of The Mustard Seed’s annual Seeds of Hope Gala, hope and dignity can be restored to those in our community who need it most. The gala is a true testament to the strength of our city […]
A city is made great by the contributions of its citizens. And great citizens are what we are known for. One need look no further for shining examples than those inducted into the Calgary Business Hall of Fame — a marvellous initiative started 14 years ago by Junior Achievement of Southern Alberta (JASA). Since its […]
More than 800 guests donned their finest jungle attire to attend Willow Park Wines & Spirits’ 24th Charity Wine Auction Nov. 4. From amazing body-painted creatures of the night to leopard-print lovelies, the visuals at the fab fete were wonderful indeed. Proceeds from the standing-room-only event will support cancer-based organizations through its Vintage Fund including: […]
Silence is not a virtue when it comes to the cycle of family violence, homelessness and poverty. Speak up. Speak out. Such are the mantras of YW Calgary’s YWHISPER Gala. YW Calgary is the largest and longest-serving women’s organization in the city. Throughout its 106-year history, the organization has touched tens of thousands of lives […]
There was a time our beloved city was ranked the most philanthropic metropolis in North America (on a per-capita basis). We’ve lost those bragging rights, but make no mistake. Calgarians are still among the most generous citizens on the planet. One need look no further for evidence than those individuals and organizations honoured with the […]
‘Tis that time of the year when seasonal celebrations take the city by storm. Whether breakfasts (your faithful social scribe is rarely seen attending these. Mornings are not my thing as many of you know!), luncheons, receptions or full-on parties, the spirit of the season is as welcome as spring tulips. Thankfully, challenging economic times […]
After a quarter of a century as Calgary’s favourite morning radio trio, Don Stevens, Joanne Johnson and Jamie (the Coach) Herbison are splitting up. And no. It’s not a nasty divorce. Rather, it’s simply the right time to call it a day. Leave when you’re on top is the conventional wisdom. On Dec. 8 at […]
Federal and provincial government policies have only exacerbated the challenging business environment in the patch. We all know of at least one or two people who have lost their jobs as a result of the economic downturn in an industry that was —not all that long ago — the economic darling of the country. It […]