- RSS Channel Showcase 9515278
- RSS Channel Showcase 3562243
- RSS Channel Showcase 6722432
- RSS Channel Showcase 3824945
Articles on this Page
- 10/13/17--04:00: _Bob McPhee saluted ...
- 10/13/17--04:00: _Dreams come true fo...
- 10/13/17--04:00: _Saluting remarkable...
- 10/21/17--07:47: _Pets strut the runw...
- 10/21/17--07:48: _Silver turns to gol...
- 10/27/17--02:30: _Rozsa Award honours...
- 10/27/17--02:33: _Henry Singer steps ...
- 10/27/17--02:33: _Brooks: Wood's Home...
- 11/04/17--05:00: _Brooks: Homelessnes...
- 11/04/17--05:00: _Brooks: Entrepreneu...
- 10/13/17--04:00: Bob McPhee saluted in grand style
- 10/13/17--04:00: Dreams come true for Inn from the Cold
- 10/13/17--04:00: Saluting remarkable individuals at the Top 7 Over 70 Gala
- 10/21/17--07:47: Pets strut the runway at Cocktails for Critters
- 10/21/17--07:48: Silver turns to gold at UNICEF Gala
- 10/27/17--02:30: Rozsa Award honours the best in arts management
- 10/27/17--02:33: Henry Singer steps it up to Eighth Avenue Place
- 10/27/17--02:33: Brooks: Wood's Homes never gives up
- 11/04/17--05:00: Brooks: Homelessness unmasked at Seeds of Hope Gala
- 11/04/17--05:00: Brooks: Entrepreneurs inducted into Calgary Business Hall of Fame
Bob McPhee is what they call a rainmaker. His 30-year career in the arts — primarily opera — is the stuff of legend. He has numerous awards to his credit including the Order of Canada, the Opera Canada Lifetime Achievement Award, and, most recently, an Honorary Doctor of Laws from the University of Calgary. McPhee […]
Inn from the Cold’s Emergency Family Shelter has been operating at or over capacity for 44 per cent of the time over the past year. Thanks then, for the success of its pirate-themed 5th Annual DreamINN Big! Gala held Sept. 23 at TELUS Spark. “Our fundraising goal … was $200,000 and the support from our corporate […]
That our North American culture marginalizes seniors is shameful indeed. Asian cultures — and many European ones as well — revere their seniors. Ours seems to have an inverse relationship between age and value. The older one gets, the less ‘value’ one seems to have. And yet there are scores of those of a ‘certain […]
There must have been something magical about the evening of Oct. 14. How else to explain the enormous success of not one, but four events all happening at once? Whether the UNICEF Gala at the Hyatt, the Mustard Seed event at the Fairmont Palliser, the Booby Ball at Hotel Arts or Cocktails for Critters at […]
The 25th annual UNICEF Canada Water for Life Gala, held Oct. 14 at the Hyatt Regency, raised more than $1 million to support vulnerable children around the world. Readers may recall last year’s gala raised $919,000, which supported the construction of boreholes, water pumps and latrine blocks in schools and health centres in remote villages […]
The arts and profit should not be diametrically opposed. Arts organizations know the bottom line is as important as the product being offered. The Rozsa Award for Excellence in Arts Management salutes exceptional arts managers for this very thing. The annual award is unique in Canada because of the value and variety of benefits it […]
Retail and restaurants are perhaps two of the more challenging fields to be in these days. But don’t tell that to the Henry Singer Fashion Group — an iconic Alberta menswear retailer that has served the well-dressed gentleman for 79 years. Henry Singer is so confident in its ability and product that it elevated the […]
Tragedy, at times, can be turned into triumph. The Wood’s Homes’ story is a shining example of same. Wood’s Christian Home was founded in the Innisfail/Olds area by Reverend George Wood, a Scottish Presbyterian minister who moved to Canada with his wife Elizabeth in 1907. They settled in Saskatchewan. In 1914, tragedy struck when his […]
Shocking as it may seem, homelessness exists in Calgary on a surprisingly large scale. But thanks to the success of The Mustard Seed’s annual Seeds of Hope Gala, hope and dignity can be restored to those in our community who need it most. The gala is a true testament to the strength of our city […]
A city is made great by the contributions of its citizens. And great citizens are what we are known for. One need look no further for shining examples than those inducted into the Calgary Business Hall of Fame — a marvellous initiative started 14 years ago by Junior Achievement of Southern Alberta (JASA). Since its […]